QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Nimbly is seeking a talented and experienced QA Automation Engineer to develop testing processes and procedures for our software applications. In this role you will be responsible for performing analysis of all of our applications and develop robust automation scripts to validate their functionality. You’re also required to identify bugs, collaborate with the QA and Development team, recommend areas for improvement and ensure automation is providing adequate coverage for effective testing.
To ensure success as a QA Automation Engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA Automation Engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application. Join our growing engineering team and help us raise the bar on quality.
What you will do here
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working side-by-side with a team of quality engineering professionals and developers
- Evaluate product functionality and create test automation strategies and automated test cases to assess product quality
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building robust automation scripts on each platform.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends that allow for the facilitation of enhancing existing practices and processes.
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Troubleshooting automation software and resolving these in a timely manner.
- Identify manual test scripts that will be candidates for a test automation regression suite.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Optimize automated test suite implementation for stability, maintainability, and speed
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Analyze product feature requirements with developers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature can be implemented with test automation in mind.
QA Automation Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- 3-7 years of experience working as a QA Automation Engineer.
- Automation experience in the following tools: Selenium, Appium, UFT or Ranorex
- Able to perform basic SQL queries to perform backend database testing.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Litmus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills
Our tech stack
We built our web application with ReactJS and our mobile apps with ReactNative, using Redux for front-end state management. Everything is written in TypeScript to take advantage of static typing and the preferred language semantics. We’re using Git (BitBucket) for source control and automated pipelines. Our designers use Figma for wireframing and mockups. We deploy to Google Cloud and use a combination of Google Cloud Functions, App Engine, Firebase, and MongoDB for our back-end.
What we’re looking for
As an ideal candidate, you have previous experience with testing web and/or mobile applications using test automation frameworks. You are highly productive with excellent communication skills. You enjoy participating in all aspects of software development from requirements analysis through delivery. You set a high bar for quality and lead by example.
Benefits at Nimbly
- Competitive net salary and private insurance
- Remote work with flexible working hours
- Dynamic and fun working environment
Join the team!