Nimbly is looking for a results-driven Quality Assurance Engineer with a drive for delivering amazing user experiences and is responsible for designing and running tests to ensure our software applications maintain the highest level of quality. The Quality Assurance Engineer will execute tests, perform analysis of the results, and report issues to their team.
To be successful as a Quality Assurance Engineer, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the Quality Assurance Engineer should be result-driven, have excellent communication skills, is knowledgeable on current software testing trends. Join our growing engineering team and help us raise the bar on quality.
What you will do here
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working side-by-side with a team of quality engineering professionals and developers
- Review software requirements and prepare test scenarios
- Develop comprehensive functional, integration, system, and regression scripts that have traceability to the requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Perform ad-hoc testing to find creative ways to test the application
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Efficiently execute test plans across all functional areas of our products
- Prepare testing reports on all the aspects related to the software testing
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Develop detailed bugs allowing for the efficient flow of work between team members
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Have an understanding of test automation and assist in the identification of manual test scripts that can be candidates for automation.
- Participate in design reviews providing input on requirements, product design, and the testability of the task.
- Work with developers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Quality Assurance Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5-7 years of manual testing experience
- Excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Deep knowledge of various software testing techniques, methodologies, and processes
- An ISTQB or CSTE certification from an established software testing organization
- Exposure to test automation tools and technologies
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
Our tech stack
We built our web application with ReactJS and our mobile apps with ReactNative, using Redux for front-end state management. Everything is written in TypeScript to take advantage of static typing and the preferred language semantics. We’re using Git (BitBucket) for source control and automated pipelines. Our designers use Figma for wireframing and mockups. We deploy to Google Cloud and use a combination of Google Cloud Functions, App Engine, Firebase, and MongoDB for our back-end.
What we’re looking for
As an ideal candidate, you have previous experience with testing web and mobile applications and using test case management applications. You are highly productive with excellent communication skills. You enjoy participating in all aspects of software development from requirements analysis through delivery. You set a high bar for quality and lead by example.
Benefits at Nimbly
- Competitive net salary and private insurance
- Remote work with flexible working hours
- Dynamic and fun working environment
Join the team!